Beautiful historic building!
The Zorgvliet castle domain includes the neoclassical castle built around 1860, the former coach house and the caretaker's house, surrounded by a park that is closed off on the street side by a brick wall and an iron gate.
The castle was built around 1860 after the purchase of the grounds by the family van Reynegom de Buzet. The cabinet map of the Ferraris (1770-1778) shows the “Cense Deeckel hoff” at this location: a farm with separate components surrounded by a vegetable garden and fields. The map of Vandermaelen (1846-1854) already refers to the "Château Zorgvliet": the castle park is surrounded by a moat on the northeast, east and southeast sides. South of the castle is a round pond. The Popp map (1842-1880) represents the “Château Sorgvliet” in the same way: the buildings are shown at their current location. The round pond in the partly moated park is in the view axis of the castle.
The castle grounds are located in a recent residential area southwest of Sint-Katelijne-Waver, west of the railway. The domain consists of the neoclassical castle - usually dated circa 1860 - with the former coach house to the southwest and the caretaker's house to the northwest and a surrounded park that is closed off on the street side by a brick wall with rhythmic pilasters and an iron gate with arrowheads between fence pillars. In front of the castle there is an oval lawn with a walkway. An orchard has been laid out to the north of the castle. The park behind the castle consists of a central lawn with a pond surrounded by groups of upright trees.
The neoclassical castle (number 17) has seven bays and two storeys under a slate hipped roof (ridge parallel to the street). The plastered and painted moldings with diminishing ordinance are marked by pilasters, continuous cordon, blind frieze and a wooden cornice on bobbins. The rectangular windows are glazed. The west facade and eastern rear facade have a central, three bays wide, triangular pediment with oeil-de-boeuf; the round arch doors have a checkered frame. The facade is slightly more elaborate with checkered pilasters on the ground floor, decorative festoons on the pilasters and around the flat frame of the oculus in the pediment. The entablement frame of the door is sober with the inscription "SORGHVLIET". The interior has been modified.
The caretaker's house (number 15) of two + three bays and two storeys under a truncated saddle roof (ridge perpendicular to the street, mechanical tiles) is a brick construction with cross-arched wall openings, closed on the street side. The woodwork has been renewed.
The coach house (without a number), which has been converted into a residence, is a broad house of seven bays and one storey under a saddle roof (ridge parallel to the street, mechanical tiles). The brick cornice with recessed outer bay has cross-arched wall openings under relief arches with processing of sintered stone. The windows in the street facade have been closed. Just east of this is a parallel brick outbuilding of five bays and one storey under a gable roof (ridge parallel to the street, mechanical tiles); Sintered brick was used for the pilasters and relief arches of the closed windows.